View Single Post
09-10-09, 05:56 PM   #26
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
We don't seem to have that many snobs on Gil'neas, I guess we're lucky
This is very accurate. My horde 80's are on Thrall and my alliance 80's are on Aggramar. Of the two realms, only Aggramar is obsessed with gear scores and this elitist crap. I level all my horde to max level as priority (when an expansion hits, or whatever) and then swap over and do my alliance. When I got all my horde on Thrall to 80, I started on alliance and I remember seeing mention of "GS" and stuff in LFG. I asked a friend wtf that was all about and was introduced to wow heroes, and the GS ratings this thread is about. I was shocked this was how an entire realm placed people into groups. On Thrall (at the time I leveled up mine), there was NEVER any mention of any of this stupid stuff. I guess it took me about 3 months to get all my horde up to 80, so that's a pretty significant amount of time to have never heard talk about gear score, etc. It's not like I was just there for 1 day and no one mentioned it. It simply wasn't part of the "culture" at the time I leveled there.

Each realm does have its own unique stupidity. It just seems like it's spreading at a rate that's hard to control or something.