View Single Post
09-10-09, 06:34 PM   #27
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Heh, I feel your pain man. The only add on that I use that benefits anyone at all is Rating Buster. I cant' see myself using any of those mods where you look at their score or item level because one, it's a waste. Two, it's a joke, and three, I find it simply ignorant of folks to simply rely on factors that could either make or break your views of that player and their capabilities in playing that class.

The game used to be all about skill, and the gear you received was all icing on the cake. But my hubby was talking to me last night about this and he made a valid point, "It's all about the gear now. It used to be about how good a player you were, but now it's about how much gear and how good it is before you even get seen as a good player. They've taken the know-how on playing your class right out and that just doesn't make it fun anymore". So people that you've faced are on that mentality now and unfortunately, it's difficult to get them to give people who know how to play but don't have the gear a chance now.

"Oh you don't have ItemRating blah blah blah...you can't join our group for Heroic UK!" What!? This makes zero sense.

We do gear checks at least when we do raiding in our guild, but outside of that, as long as you bring the know how to play, we don't care. Some folks out there just need to get with the program and not believe those silly add ons like that. It's turning people into elitist idiots that won't give people the shot they know they deserve.

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!