View Single Post
02-14-18, 12:11 PM   #17
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Inside the cave should be covered by "indoors". Normally IsFlyableArea() returns false while indoors, so I'm waiting to hear whether it's actually returning true while indoors in the garrison; that will determine what I actually need to check for.
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure IsFlyableArea() checks your general zone/continent, irrespective of your more specific location. As such it returns true indoors in the garrison, in the same way it returns true while indoors in buildings outside of the garrison (personally tested just now, btw. Or at least it also returned true in a building at Embaari Village, couldn't be bothered to check every place in the game.)

I imagine that flyable doesn't always necessarily imply mountable. You could fly in that area, if it were mountable.

Maybe I should check IsIndoors() for those locations instead? if that can be reliably used to determine whether the player could mount or not. If you can't mount then it goes without saying that you can't fly either

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Right, but the purpose of LibFlyable is to determine whether you can actually fly in your current location, not just whether you can summon a flight-capable mount.
But of course, flying mounts used to be completely unmountable in non-flying areas (while they now can and are treated as the same as hybrid mounts), and as I had no idea whether you were aware or not, I wanted to clarify.

Last edited by Ammako : 02-14-18 at 12:15 PM.