View Single Post
06-10-09, 11:25 AM   #20
Hirsute
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tearstar View Post
Im doing the right thing and asking all the authors if I can add in or change an existing color tag to the .toc file. One line . . .what 10 characters or so

These are in the unmoded addons. Modded addons I will ask specificly.
If you made changes to the toc, it isn't an unmodded addon.

Just if you are an authhor and you don't mind me changing the color of your addons title in my compilation, could you please either pm me or add a post saying I can change the color of X, y, z addons by you.

That's all I need and I get 15 posts depating on if I need permission and questioning why I want to do so . . .

I never asked or questioned why any author/compilation designer did what they did in their work.
I apologize for contributing to derailing the thread a bit. However, getting ornery with people isn't a way to get authors to respond or pay attention to your thread.

Just post if I have permission, pass on by if I don't

it's simple
My guess is that you're likely to get more permission contacting authors directly than in this post. If for no other reason, because many of us are... hesitant to post any sort of "permission" publically in such a nondescript way. My addon is All Rights Reserved for a reason, and I'm not likely to post anywhere publically giving someone permission to make changes to or redistribute my addon.

I'm fairly certain you're not including that addon in your compilation, but just in general, many of the authors I know are willing to give a fair amount of permission to people who contact them directly and are very specific about what they want to do, but anything more public or broad based than that, we get itchy about, for a lot of reasons.

That said, if you *do* happen to be planning to distribute any of my addons as part of your compilation, consider this notice of declining permission for you to do so, modified or not.