View Single Post
06-11-09, 02:44 AM   #37
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One small issue is the addons in question are unknown. So even if there were authors that are willing to say yes they wouldnt know if it was their addons you want to modify. I know you covered this briefly in your original post. Asking for blanket approval (from what i got out of it) from essentially all authors is not likely going to go far. And if by chance the compilation is posted (ill admit i havent looked) your basically asking every author to look it up and see if they have addons in it and then decide if they want to allow you to do this.

Might be worth listing the addons in question if you still plan to continue to pursue this through a thread. I would imagine that authors are loathe to give a blanket approval especially if they arent even sure your request refers to them.

Personally as much as it sucks i think pm's are your best route for what your after even though its certainly a daunting prospect to say the least.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor