Thread: Buff indicators
View Single Post
03-09-09, 11:58 AM   #5
xtrapwr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Let me point out here, as well, the '/nui maxauras {n}' slash command... you can use it to limit how many auras are being displayed. I'll see if I can't get the other plugin out in the next day or two.
If I can provide some feedback on my usage at least, I rely on the auras to track any missing raid buffs, as well as what's going on. In terms of screen use, as a raid healer, I use a lot of the space to keep tabs on health, de-buffs, and tracking the actions of every other raid member through even more addons. So for me, the loss of screen space from the extremely compact single icon in a row of the old behavior, to the growing box of the new behavior really hurts me.

I agree, the new aura bars allow for a lot more functionality, both now and in the future. But for me I don't interact with my buffs as much as I need a highly compact way to see and know what is and is not there, quick and painless.

I can't say my needs match those of everyone else who uses nUI, but I do know that the old positioning of the buffs really helped me both in maximizing screen space and reducing clutter, the two things nUI has always excelled at.

To actually reply, using the /nui maxauras # to limit the count doesn't help me because I need to see all the buffs active, and the screen space that requires is simply too great in a full raid.

To wrap up on a positive note, thank you again for all the development and effort you have put into nUI. I love the mod, and hope to continue to support and enjoy it in the future. (And one of these days I'll actually post my Carbonite addon to it)