Thread: Addon Request
View Single Post
03-13-13, 11:16 PM   #10
Vaengence
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Yes that's along the lines of my second guess (guild / raid management instead of loot).

Would that be a fully in-game solution or web-solution / hybrid?

Note: I'm not interested in getting involved personally other than I might be able to suggest a combination of existing addon(s) with small or bigger modifications if I get a better idea of the concept.
I have a rather good database of addons in my head

Just trying to help the discussion along
Ok, to be specific, and this post is going to be long which was partly why I didn't want it all here.

At present, one of the more irritating aspects of running a roster with the numbers we have, and virtually must do in order to maintain a regularly running 25 man, is the organisational aspect of rotating people in and out of the live raid. As a Chrtistmas Present, I had intended on gifting (I am the raid leader however not the one responsible for that aspect of the raid) a mod that would make that headache significantly easier.

The idea of the mod is mainly as follows in point form:

1. That a specific person, who has control of the "master addon" (possibly just a seperate addon in the same way EPGP LM comes with differing addons) has the ability to denote which bosses for a particular raid night we are intending to do.

2. This can be accessed by way of UI in game, and can be done before raid time commences.

3. Once selected and submitted, all members of guild with certain rank and higher, are pushed the notification which is received by the "general member" addon part of this dual process that detects which bosses are intended to be killed.

4. On receipt, window pops up stating that this is the planned bosses, which tick boxes. The tick boxes will be along the lines of 1. Need 2. "Happy to sit" 3. Role (tank healer dps) with the third box box able to have multiple selections if possible.

5. Upon completeing this little mini form, the results are then pushed back to the person with the master mod which then stores that information (including for possible future retrieval - web interaction may be an idea, have no idea)

6. Once that information stored back with the master mod, they then can have the option to pull up boss 1 (say Jin'rokh) and have the mod arrange groups (is this possible?) so that the groups from position 1 have the people who need the boss and the position from 40 backwards the ones stating they can sit (on a loot basis).

7. If possible allow the options for this to also mark particular roles as such in the generic UI (not sure if this is possible or not).

8. Once this has been sorted for the first boss, I want it to store a record of the people who were present seperately (again this can be web based in some shape) and if possible, detect the combat log trigger of the bosses death and be able to recognise that boss is done.

9. If possible I want it to be able to detect, as above that the boss is complete and upon doing so, be able ll that there is a new intended boss. A box comes up asking the raid leader to "start next boss" and when ticked/pressed, performs the following actions:

a) A notification is sent to all standby players stating that such and such boss is dead.

b) A window appears with the next set of players for the raid leader, with roles, (good organisational layout if possible) for those that need the boss. Raid leader then selects the required people then:

b) Notification is sent to the players on standby including including either that they are about to be invited for raid, or alternatively a notice that they have been selected as standby for that particular boss.

I then would like the following added depending on whether they are possible to do:

1. If possible to perform the autoinvites on command (I assume yes as other mods do) for the selected people.

2. If possible to keep track of the assigned loot on a per person per boss basis which is then retrievable (again here web integration is probably best)

3. Take a "master list" of people present at the beginning of the raid night as actual attendance (who was present)

4. << Whatever I realise as addon is being tested would be good to fit in.

As you can probably see, there is a lot I want it to do and I was under no illusion it would take a fair bit of effort to do, though I was hoping someone with experience and past addons may be able to accomplish it without too much extra effort, however I do not like asking this kind of request without paying for services. It is to me rude. Most people's time is valuable to them and most people here probably would have little use of this mod.