View Single Post
06-09-09, 12:44 PM   #56
Tearstar
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm a Trekker not a trekie but I did manage to see this movie and I must say It had good and bad IMO.

I'm so much of a Trekker that I have $10,000 of Star Trek collectables, including in invitation to the Hollywood Premier of the last episode of The Next gen, but on to my review of the movie:

This film took too much past canon and threw it out the window, this film left me asking what? who? when? Now before I get flamed I realize the time paradox and such, but had it happened it would have changed much of the past Trek that we knew. So since Capt Pike was confined to the wheelchair before The Menegerie I guess that never happened?

The actor I thought did a superb job, I could actually picture each person playing their counterparts later in life. Good job actors. I think the Videography was way too jumpy during fight scenes and Kirk was not that "technical" of a fighter as they made him in this one.

The idea of Red Matter? Come on . . . but hey we do have Warp Transport (which evidently Scotty forgot later in life).

Overall I would say a great film for the Trek Universe and give it an 8 out of 10. Generations was my favorite . . . but did anyne hear Nimoy quoted as saying he is slated for one more "Trek"? Is this forshadow of another movie? I'm hoping that this film sparks Nimoy into directing another film. I would like to see a movie (if we're gonna thow time travel in everytime we wanna do something "non-canon") that brings all four Captains ("Enterprise" doesn't count) to battle an almost completely Borg-assimilated delta Quadrant. Kirk is like "what the Hell?" Picard is like "Oh No" Janeway is "Yeah Whatever" and Sisko is "I wanna go to DS9" . . .lol

but as I said overall a great film and I'm happy they made it.

Magelo Profile
My Myspace
My Youtube Channel

My First Video I made for my kids - please comment and/or rate