View Single Post
02-22-17, 11:27 PM   #7
kurapica.igas
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Layback_ View Post
That's interesting to hear!

Few questions here.

1. Could PLoop and Scorpio be embedded into an addon like other libraries instead of being separated?
(I think I've seen your words talking about this, but not quite sure )

2. Any estimated time plan for those ui parts being completed?

Thank you.
When the wow loading an embed lib, it would loading the file and then run it as a function, so there is still a loading cost for the embed lib no matter whether it pass the version check, if those libs are one-file lib, the cost can be ignored.

The PLoop & Scorpio are designed to be platforms, there are big files and many features defined in them, so the cost can't be ignored if I made them as embed libs, (you still can make embed libs based on Scorpio).

Also the curse app will download your addon's dependencies automatically.

The UI'll be released within several parts :
  1. The MVC system used to simple the creation of unit frames, it also can works with the ui element come from CreateFrame. It's a simple start to bring you the using of the OOP system, this would be done in the next one or two weeks.
  2. The basic UI framework, it provide all the ui widgets wrapped from the wow's ui element, it's the basic ui system, you can use them just like the ui elements created from CreateFrame, and also with many advance features, this is finished, will be released with the MVC part.
  3. The action system, used to provide a full support for create action buttons(for all types, no need to map the action buttons to the system's), this is just a copy of the IGAS, will be released soon after the MVC part.
  4. The common widgets system, used to provide complex widgets like ComboBox, GroupBox, List, DataGrid, Code editor and etc. The code of those in IGAS is done many years ago, I need create a new layout system, so I can't tell when this part should be finished, I hope before the June.

Well, if you are interesting, in the 2009, I also created an IDE https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/igas_studio/images, although I abandoned it very soon, when I turn my interesting into the PLoop. After the Scorpio, it may be my next project.