Thread: warning
View Single Post
11-15-09, 02:27 PM   #23
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
It should not. If it does, then there is an issue with the wow client. In a perfect world, if an addon errors, it should always exit gracefully without crashing the client.

So if a crash can be repeated and demonstrate that a certain addon crashes the WoW client, then that is on Blizzard really to figure out what is going on. It does not, however, excuse the addon author from examining their own code.
There are thousands of posts on the tech support forums where they recommended to uninstall QH in order to stop the crashes. If it were a wow client issue, the techs would of moved all of those threads to the bug report forum so the devs could handle it. There is even a mention in one of the forum stickies that lists QuestHelper as being the cause of poor game performance (that was added due to the crashes).

For clarification.... I haven't seen anyone come to the forums in quite a while with one of those crashes, so whatever was causing it, the author of QH fixed it some time ago.