View Single Post
10-29-14, 11:57 AM   #2
onenutmcgee
A Murloc Raider
Rythal hasn't given an ETA, but my guess is that it's going to be a while. Blizz changed how the maps are identified. I would imagine that they changed how maps were ID'd because of the same name zones in WoD (ie, Nagrand and Shadowmoon). So Rythal is rewriting the map handling portion. It's very complex. I looked at the code for it's going to be pretty hard to figure out the full impact of the change. But it's significant.

There's a 3rd party fix available now:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50315

I've not yet used it or looked at the code changes, but if the maps are still linked by names, then there may be issues with that version at WoD launch. But the official status is that Rythal is working on it, and I'm sure he'll be able to handle it.

In the meantime, I think it might be worth noting that the wow quest tracking and stuff isn't so bad. Just be sure to turn on auto track and it will put an arrow on your minimap to the goal and do highlighting and such. Its under interface->quests i believe. Also tick the sort box so it switches properly. If you don't like the default questing window, MonkeyQuest is a good replacement for that. I downloaded TomTom for a crazyarrow as well. I've not found a replacement for the Carbonite maping and goto functions though. Those are the bits that I really like Carbonite for.