View Single Post
12-29-10, 01:01 PM   #13
FlareLT
A Defias Bandit
Cool

Originally Posted by Maziel View Post
It is detecting older versions of addons that I have installed.
The same for me.

MMOUI Minion suggests an "update" to OLDER version of addon (for example if addon is no longer updated on wowinterface, etc). It should say "unknown version" or "can't update" in such cases.

Anyway, this bug is showstopper, and should be fixed with highest priority. The purpose of client itself is to make addon updates/management easier. And it is not much easier, when you have to review 20 out of 40 addons manually

Originally Posted by Maziel View Post
For now, I'll have to stick with Curse Client.
Same for me. For the reason mentioned above.

BTW, I am still using Curse client v3, and not v4. This is because v4 uses .NET, which basically means it's inefficient and bloated.

And for me it's sad, that new client on market "MMOUI Minion" uses JAVA. I wish it was stand-alone client, probably written in C, and not based on any bloated "platform".

How difficult could it be to accomplish such a simple task like updating a file from internet (check version/date in TOC, get "latest" TOC info using HTTP, download addon using HTTP, replace files on given folder). But that's actually a problem with most of software these days - most important factor for creators usually is how quick software can be implemented, and how easy the maintenance will be. Efficiency, performance, low-resource-usage is usually just ignored ("who cares if app is 0.2mb download and memory footprint, or 20mb?"). But that's why software today is usually as slow to startup and run, as it was 10 years ago (which is ridiculous result having in mind how computer hardware has evolved during that time).

Well, at least JAVA is multi-platform, which makes it less ridiculous (compared to .NET).