View Single Post
02-10-06, 03:46 PM   #29
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Patch Notes are complete (minus some very large ones I have yet to convert, which will be done tonight)

For tracking purposes I am going to be listing feature requests that I am working on here.

Feature Requests in order of priority:

Way to view files directly without downloading them. This will be likely done via a script which views the contents of the zip files that are already provided for download. This way I do not need to upload the files directly, and can simply use what is already present on the server.

Downloadable Diffs - archives of diffs for each version, probably in multiple diff formats.

Ultimately I would like to have a way to view differences between ANY one version to ANY other. This needs EXTENSIVE testing and experimentation, as it needs to be simple and usable from an end-user's point of view, but still provide all of the functions an advanced user needs.

Optimizations and space savings. I am looking into ways to better store all diffs and view them without slowing down output. Ways may be to zip everyrthing and then view it from within the zip. This will also require extensive testing. Another idea is to store only the diffs, and get file contents from the archived files already present on the server. I can then dynamically apply diffs to them before outputting them to the browser.