View Single Post
12-11-16, 07:31 AM   #6
Sarge_554
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Thrumbar View Post
Could you try disabling all addons except Carbonite and the enableing some at a time untill you lock up again to help isolate a possible conflict.. Also what is the character class, race and the tradeskills said character has...

Thrumbar

Edit: I installed Ackis (Main addon and all mods) from curse. Disableing all addons but Ackis and opening my alchemy ( pressing k and selecting alchemy). I then hit scan and opened the window. While scrolling the warcraft client would pause and appear to lockup for a time even to the point that windows would pop a frame to ask if I wanted to close the program.

With that I think it is an Ackis issue with some sort of memory leak and will have to update when the author has time irl to update it to current release of warcraft...
Did all of that. Took all addons out, reloaded just Carbonite and loaded each module one at a time. As soon as I enabled the quest module ... freeze up. And it's not just a temporary freeze. My last test last night (Saturday night) did the same thing. I walked away from the computer and left the frozen screen up all night long in case it was an extended delay in response. That was at 2200 local (EST); when I came back this morning (0700 local EST), the screen was still frozen.

I've also defragged all hard drives, cleaned up the registry, did a thorough scan for virii, malware, etc., all negative. At the onset of the problem, also did a scan/repair on WoW; no change. I know we're asking for help from the Carbonite folks, but I'm confused how an addon ... and just one module in particular ... could affect only one specific toon on one specific realm on one specific account, and all other characters on all other realms on both accounts are error-free. Something just doesn't sound right ..... (Not trying to let Carbonite off the hook, mind you .... but the whole situation just makes no sense from a logic standpoint.)

Last edited by Sarge_554 : 12-11-16 at 07:34 AM.