Thread: The "Gatherer"
View Single Post
09-24-06, 01:52 PM   #5
teddyboy420
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Starxed
I have not used this mod in a long time, because I thought I heard it no longer worked since a couple patches ago. (?)

As you mentioned, the non-mod interface pops up locations on the minimap, but here's what Gatherer did in addition:

- Marked nodes that you already collected on minimap and gave a timer as to how long ago it was harvested (presumably so you could check back later).

- Marked resource nodes on the LARGE map as well, so you automatically had icons on your map representing resources and could easily go check them.

As I said, I have not used this for several patches now, so operations may have changed in the meantime.

-Starxed
This mod has been updated to work with the latest patch....

As for the OP's original question....

Gatherer remembers where and when you gather something (herbs/ore/chests/crates) and puts the corresponding icon on the mini and main maps. It is really a VERY useful add-on as not only do you have a marked icon on the map of where things have popped up in the past thus making it easier to find gatherables in the future when you need them, but you can also filter and search for specific items and the mod will tell you which zone has the highest concentration of whatever it is you're looking for.

Gatherer is honestly one of the most usefull add-ons I have ever used and I can very easily recomend it to anyone that has Herbalism or Mining or even for people that just want to remember where chests have spawned in the past.