View Single Post
03-26-15, 02:08 PM   #7
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The reason for maxing out the RAM is solely because of the plan to use it for video editing and rendering as well as gaming. I know RAM has nothing to do with speed...until you fill it up with what tasks you are running. I'm also trying to cover if I want to record gameplay while rendering previous footage.
Still there is not a single program which would really need that much ram, unless it's terribly written.
Unless you want to run multiple virtual operating systems, 32Gig is more then enough for everything.

I doubt it's actually a design point for them to make it noisy, it's just inherent to being a HDD. At any rate, I know there are many people that care about sound levels, I've never been one of them.
Each HDD has an option to reduce some of it's performace for better noise aquistic. This option is disabled in every WD Black HDD.

I was still giving them a chance in case their higher clock rate could outperform on a per thread basis. I know AMD has been known to be sloppy with their clock cycles while Intel is more efficient. This is one reason why we no longer compare clock speeds as much as we used to. Otherwise, I would've chosen AMD as the definitive solution.
Doesn't really matter you still don't wan't to double your TDP for a bit better single core performance.

Last edited by Resike : 03-26-15 at 02:14 PM.