View Single Post
03-26-15, 05:26 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The reason for maxing out the RAM is solely because of the plan to use it for video editing and rendering as well as gaming. I know RAM has nothing to do with speed...until you fill it up with what tasks you are running. I'm also trying to cover if I want to record gameplay while rendering previous footage.
Edit: Disregard.. I misread and thought it said 16GB. You'll love the extra RAM when doing things like that. I bought the same amount for basically the same reasons. My sweetie has the same amount as well on his PC (work at home programmer).

I agree with the previous poster. You will not need 64GB or 32GB of ram for what you're doing. Our server downstairs runs 64GB, but he's a programmer and needs that much.

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
I doubt it's actually a design point for them to make it noisy, it's just inherent to being a HDD. At any rate, I know there are many people that care about sound levels, I've never been one of them.

I've had my HD Black for a little over a year now and mine is not noisy at all.

Last edited by Petrah : 03-26-15 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Because I cannot read today.