View Single Post
08-11-15, 09:47 AM   #11
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Thanks everybody. I didn't realize this would get so confusing. I was merely trying to help by posting an error that happened to me.

I'm not sure that I understand exactly 'which' version to download and install; DEV or Master, (since nobody told me specifically which one to use). I went ahead and deleted everything related to Carbonite in my Downloads folder and I also deleted all Carbonite folders from my C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder. I'm going to download and install what appears to me as the most recent GitHub files for Carbonite-related modules and, that one is the current DEV version.

I think it's too bad that the GitHub does not use actual dates-times instead of rounding things by months. Both DEV and Master show the same "2 months ago" for many of the files. That doesn't really tell me which version is the latest version in either of them.

The attached image here explains why I guessed that it is probably the one to use. If I guessed incorrectly, I'll appreciate someone telling me I did it wrong.
U can see changes here: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/compare/DEV, there u can see those 3 commits that DEV is AHEAD of MASTER. Not many changes but there are some

Last edited by ircdirk : 08-11-15 at 09:53 AM.