View Single Post
10-06-15, 09:18 PM   #8
EyalSK
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Eh, the fact that you're asking for X means you don't know that X is already available, so I don't understand at all why you'd object to me (or anyone) letting you know that X is already available...
Sorry, wasn't meant to be harsh or anything!

I didn't ask for solutions primarily because I haven't used WoWInterface since I moved to CurseForge and so I'm updating WoWInterface once in every few releases and I really want WoWInterface to improve so I'd use it more often.

The way I look at it is WoWInterface and CurseForge are about the community above all so taking the burden out of dealing with source code and streamlined development can be pushed to places that understand developers and were designed to deal with their needs in terms of managing the code such as GitHub or BitBucket.

The reason I offered external VCS integration is so I can save time updating and managing addons on multiple places and I'm not speaking only about the source itself which like you suggested can be managed with Git itself but also about documentation or wiki pages and comments and whatnot that authors might need.

I'm pretty busy with my work and my degree and I'm sure other authors aren't spending all their time writing addons so making this process easier for us can be quite awesome both for us and consumers.

Yeah, it's exactly my point, make some of the features I suggested more viable and inviting, I'm mean, I didn't even know I can request a moderator to disable comments.

Last edited by EyalSK : 10-06-15 at 10:55 PM.