View Single Post
11-23-06, 06:52 AM   #5
Shamino
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i maintain EnchantingSeller, which had a similar problem. Since I use minimap button to open the frame, the setAttribute works.

now that i've looked at your addon, i understand your problem better. i'm curious if it would be possible to layer a 'hidden' button over the fubar frame. this way you can click on the frame which would activate the onclick of the button.

It would be an extra step for the user, but for the meantime, some mods are going to need workarounds until blizz can offer us a better way.

Also, how do you retrieve the skill information now? when the user opens the skill frame? or do you wait for each craft/tradeskill frame to be opened.
appears you could get all that info from the skills frame. So you could add a message to the user to be sure to open the skills frame, and then you just listen for the event, and process the data when you get it.

Also, find my post on the Wow UI forums, search for Beldarp. And sign my suggestion to add a distinct, non-spell API function, so we can open such frames without it being treated like a spell.