04-14-09, 12:37 AM   #22
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up

/congratulate

About time too.

To the WM user:

I really can't believe you are trying to defend WM (I am not going to bother with the name). You are setting yourself up for a good old fashioned flaming. I have used both WoWInterface Updater and the Curse Client (I was a tester for CC). I personally have never had issues with the recent versions of the Curse Client. Its an excellent updater. WIU is OK, it never had any adverts and it did what was advertised on the tin. Sure, it had its issues, but I found the WIU to be easy to use. Same thing with CC (especially Kaelten's overhaul of CC). Both the official updaters are fast, both don't have adverts (currently), CC is user friendly (WoWIU has some current minor issues but is usable). Neither official updater leeches bandwidth from other sites.

Besides its not difficult to manually update your AddOns. No one needs to update ALL of their AddOns everyday. By using WM your are basically giving "The Finger" to Curse, WoWInterface, WoWUI.Incgamers plus every Author who upload their mods to those sites. In my opinion you (and WM) do not display any shred of respect for any AddOn's authors nor the site they choose to upload to.

Last edited by Zyonin : 04-14-09 at 12:40 AM.