Thread: Titan or FuBar?
View Single Post
06-14-07, 10:05 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Definately Fubar. As Flarin mentions its without question more actively updated. Last several 'recent updates' ive seen for titan merely were enough to get it working for the current patches. While Fubar has a rather robust community of people who contribute to it. not to mention after the inital bar is installed the modules use far less memory in the long run so its better on your system.

As to answer the memory question. since titan each plug in is completely stand alone where fubar uses shared libraries for similar functions there is far less code overall and in the long run less memory.
EX: If you have say 3 titan plug ins that feature a drop down menu system each one has that code written in ts files. With fubar the same 3 plugins would pull the same bit of code from a central source. so each plug in has much less code and less memory.

Thats my understanding of how it works anyhow. Any experts obn this please feel free to correct me .

The nice texture packages for it dont hurt either. You can even make it look like titan if you wish.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor