View Single Post
01-08-07, 12:43 PM   #169
Laag
A Murloc Raider
I did not know that tracking your own HoT was non-trivial and was only putting forth a suggestion on a feature that would make this mod better. (presummably that is the point of this thread, no?) Be that as it may, I still put forth that if it is at all possible, that it is very much worthwhile.

Natur's CEnemyCastBars does not always track your HoTs for some reason. I may be missing some hidden feature, but I've never been able to get it work properly. The best mod I've found for this has been TTSpellTimer, which does a pretty good job even without being able to account for Swiftmend, dispelling, cancellations, etc. Having a seperate mod doing this isn't particularly useful though, as the whole point of having simpler, compact party and raid frames (at least for a healer) is to keep your eyes and attention focused on one spot, preferrably as small an area as possible. When your eyes have to roam to find the information you need, you lose valuable response time and are more prone to mistakes. This is reason why Clique is so valuable, your desired spell is immediately accessible for use on the thing that has your immediate attention.

As useful as HoTs have been in WoW, they became 10 times more useful in the 2.0 release. In BC, they will be critical and every healing strategy will center around their use. Anything that can be done to maximize their efficiency in a mod will be well worth it.