View Single Post
01-22-09, 09:31 AM   #2484
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
It's not ONLY QH.

I don't use QH anymore. Every once in a while, I'll crash in Dalaran with some weird Texture Read from file error. To the point that when I log back in, it crashes again. I have to login with a copy of WoW with no UI mods installed at all, login, move away form the exact spot i was in, close out, login with my normal WoW.

It only happens in Dalaran. It's really strange.
I had QH installed and deleted it (not disabling it but deleted the mod) and still had some weird problems. These disappeared when I deleted the files related to QH in the WTF and it's sub directories.

Not saying it will solve your problem, but might be something you want to try out.

As a side note, any mods that does something similar to QH (Carbonite?) might cause problems as well, and I would guess mods that "inspect" other players may cause the game/nic to overload.. (With that said, nUI does read/inspect other players as well?).. doesn't sound logical to get a texture read error, but seen so many error messages that seem unrelated to the actual cause/problem or just plain dumb (program stopped because it stopped)..

Last edited by Seer : 01-22-09 at 09:38 AM.