View Single Post
01-22-09, 06:09 PM   #2497
Tamsiel
Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Tamsiel --

I am absolutely not disputing that you're experiencing FPS drops because I know for a fact they are occurring. What bothers me is that I cannot duplicate your assertion that without nUI enabled you are experiencing no FPS drops.
I probably shouldn't have said no, but instead said that there is fluctuation but it does not impact game play as it does when I run nUI. And as I've stated before all the other UI's I've tried not one of them has had a similar fps effect.

But I just cannot for the life of me find frame rate dips in nUI that don't exist in the default Bliz UI.
I don't know. I know with the plain jane UI and with other UI's I haven't seen my fps drop below 25, even when in Stormwind or Ironforge. And again with the Bliz UI and other UI's I've not had a noticeable framerate drop happen while in combat, yet once the fps starts falling and rising in nUI it happens almost every time in combat (PvE and BG's) -- and usually results in a death .

All the same, please know I am doing everything I can to continue to reduce nUI's impact on the CPU and GPU wherever possible... and any all input that helps pinpoint particular actions or events that reliably cause FPS drops will be most appreciated.
I know you are and greatly appreciate it. I think nUI is by far, hands down, the best UI out there for how I play and don't plan on giving up on it Anything I can think of that may help pinpoint the issue I'll be sure to provide to you.

Thank you.

Last edited by Tamsiel : 01-22-09 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Typo correction