View Single Post
01-04-10, 07:53 PM   #22
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bboyddey View Post
Can someone PLEASE help me,

my "AddOn button" won't show up! i already resetted WoW,
but i don't know what you guys mean with wow/interface/addons/"SOME ADDON"/"SOME FILES".
what do you mean with that
please post me back,its freaking frustrating
Please keep in mind im going to try and explain this as simply as is possible. I'm not at your computer with you nor do I know what your level of skill with a computer is. So please take time to read the following carefully and post back with any specific questions you might have.

Lets take the addon bartender4 for our example. Lets assume you have your world of warcraft installed on the C: drive in the programs folder.

The install path for addons would then be as follows:

C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/interface/addons/bartender4

If you were to open the bartender4 folder you should see a file called bartender4.toc. If you open the bartender4 folder and there is another folder labeled bartender4 inside but no visible .toc file then your addons aren't installed correctly.

There are a few exceptions for this primarily due to your operating system.
In windows vista and windows 7 the location should be C:/users/public/games/world of warcraft/interface/addons/bartender4 with the bartender4.toc file still located directly inside the bartender folder.

The 'some addons' and 'some files' are just generic terms. For each addon you have installed there will be a folder like the bartender4 one in my example.

Ive attached a screen shot that follows the windows 7 example. It shows the install path for windows 7 on the left and the contents of the bartender4 folder on the right.

Hope that clarifies things.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor