View Single Post
08-09-09, 12:44 PM   #45
Myrathi
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
...or keep a cache of "DateTime of last update" on a per-AddOn basis.

Date/Time is also an entirely valid update scheme.. simply not quite as generally robust.

Originally Posted by Vyper
In other words... your clear convention is not so clear.
Their response made it surprisingly clear, actually, since they said exactly the same as I'd have said and I've an extremely technical background. I fully expected the non-technical folk to respond differently to me but they didn't. They surprised me due to the fact they agreed. :D

If you take a moment and actually read my original post, you'll see where I mention why I might use each and how the scheme gets modified for a situation. But we are also getting hung up on this example, which was never meant to be all encompassing.
I understand your reservations on the matter, I just don't agree with them all. I can agree to disagree. :)

As for getting hung up, I fully agree. :P

...it's also really, really bizarre "responding to myself". (I've used Vyper as a moniker - with that exact spelling - outside the scope of the interwebs, for well over 17 years. People that refer to me by that handle have quite often said that I can seem to be in several places at once: does this make them kinda right? ;) Hehehe. Seriously freaky, though, dude. Seriously freaky. :P)