View Single Post
09-14-12, 09:43 PM   #126
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Modular is always a good thing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't use a fair chunk of your RAM.
Um, that's like saying "having the sky blue is a good thing but that it isn't the product of atmospheric composition and refraction."

If a feature needs a lot of ram, it'll take it, er, rather obviously; the objective of modularity is not to toss away ram for features you don't need (like Craponite).

What exactly about what I said regarding the bloat associated with unused features were you trying to refute?

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
The other advantage is the old code is 100% self-reliant, it had to be, when it was written libraries and modular code were unheard of in blizzard / addon programming. Now starting over, I can use things like Ace3, LibDataBroker & LibMapData to cut down.
I'm pretty sure that libraries (including the Ace framework) predate Carbonite; I would imagine their code is self-referenced is related to copyright issues since they were originally pay-to-use.

Not that it matters a tinker's damn, mind you, but I'm wearing my Canuck-for-a-day Moose Antler Hat and you know how persnickety moose antlers can be.

Last edited by VincentSDSH : 09-14-12 at 09:50 PM.