View Single Post
11-24-06, 08:17 PM   #7
robthedude
Don't Panic

Me, the first 40 levels of my priest I just used myself and the standard UI to do all the healing, no addons whatsoever.

Around 40-42 I 'discovered' the joy that is interface customisation and went mad installing everything from the various addon sites, this left me with a rubbish framerate, but I had toyed with a couple of the heal bot addons (HealBot was the name of one, in fact)

Didn't like them, so started finding ways of healing better than those addons could, with the thought in mind that no matter how good the logic in the scripts, none could match the pure logic of MY brain.

So, today I have TheoryCraft, which displays the average damage or healing a spell does, right on it's action button.
And I can't live without Discord Unit Frames, upon which I have the amount of health each party member has LOST, so I never ever overheal (ooooh the evil Overheal and her twin the equally evil Manawaster)
And who can live without CT Raid Assist? even if they break the emergency monitor the raid frames will still show health lost, so I'll be just fine.

On the subject of Decursive. yup, it won't work according to the way it works right now... but I'm sure it won't be breaking Blizzards sacred rules to have an addon warning you of a debuff you can cure, even if you have to manually click on the player then the action button, I can cope with that... besides, us priests are getting an AoE Dispell, to soften the blow of having to think.

Lastly, to the subject of not being able to watch the fight... partially transparent frames in the middle of the screen? Video capture so you can watch it later? I dunno, it's how the healing class is, I don't think there is anything that can be done about that. The End.