View Single Post
06-11-23, 12:34 PM   #3
cheesewiz
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
I want to say you were warned this is a risky path to travel on a couple years back.

Considering you went on to remove any trace of implementation details from a bunch of other posts asking for help how to do this, presumably to protect some kind of competitive AH advantage, I find it a little ironic that you are now back asking for help and providing source.

All that aside I'm sorry you lost your licenses.

I looked at the python code and the addon and I can say it's all up to interpretation whether what you're doing is automation or not.

If you were using an external program (ie AHK or similar) to reload the game to get new addon data your python was generating or to click your bid addon button, then it's out of the grey and few miles into the black.

edit: I though that old post was about me asking how would someone make a program that could switch realms on its own. Guess it was about using the api.

Funny how years later, the replies to that question still confuse people.

That got turned into a legitimate addon that's pretty popular, https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...t-blank-sniper
So yes, it can be done. It's using item keys and saving those keys into a database. If that's violating any rules, so many people are about to get banned.

Question stands, how did you look at the python code since it was removed from the web? I haven't found a download link for GSA that's still available.

Last edited by cheesewiz : 06-11-23 at 01:25 PM.