View Single Post
11-18-08, 06:01 PM   #35
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post
Actually, you're wrong. It happens all the time. Do you think people have to pay Microsoft a license fee just so they can develop a program that works with windows? No. If the other developers want to charge, let them try. The only addon that I can't do without is the Mazzifier. I don't care which bar addon or whatever it works with. You can only charge for something if people are willing to pay for it. I'm willing to pay for the Mazzifier, as are others. It's the people who are supported by their parents and don't have the allowance to afford it, or who prefer not to live in a free market system that object. This is why open source such as Linux will never have mass market appeal. The open source people think that closed source is "evil" or some other such nonsense, but I'd much rather have my auto-Windows update than have to wait around until some coder, who has better things to do (things that pay him/her), gets around to doing it for free.
I haven't seen anyone "object" yet, there have been concerns pointed out though. As for your MS reference, it's different... The Mazzifier does not just "work with other addons", it configures them. If the authors of those addons says "hey, would you mind finding another barmod to use with your program?", you'll be looking for another barmod. It's their right to say no, just as it's Mazzle's right to say you can't modify Mazzleui at all and release it without his express written permission. Do you see the difference?

It's a touchy subject though, so please, anyone coming into this, please play nice on the forums.