View Single Post
11-25-08, 03:23 PM   #40
ibnuts
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I haven't seen anyone "object" yet, there have been concerns pointed out though. As for your MS reference, it's different... The Mazzifier does not just "work with other addons", it configures them. If the authors of those addons says "hey, would you mind finding another barmod to use with your program?", you'll be looking for another barmod. It's their right to say no, just as it's Mazzle's right to say you can't modify Mazzleui at all and release it without his express written permission. Do you see the difference?

It's a touchy subject though, so please, anyone coming into this, please play nice on the forums.
I see your point, but I don't think people could ask you to "remove their addon" when you're not charging for it. What I proposed was to charge only for the Mazzifier/Mazzle-coded addons. The rest could be hosted in a free pack here or wherever else. Zygor works with TomTom and Mapster/Cartographer, which seems to be a valid comparison, so I don't think this is really an issue. Even if it were, the other addon authors wouldn't be earning money for their work, so they probably wouldn't have the means to litigate :lol: Seriously, though, I can check with a friend who's a copyright/patent attorney if Mazzle/someone else even responded on these suggestions.