View Single Post
08-29-12, 11:05 PM   #307
CobraA1
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Navigation is the biggest issue by a country mile. In fact, it spans galaxies. That's how big it is. The problem is I really, really, really hate scrollframes in WoW. They're a god damn nightmare and there's lovely bugs with them too - so I'm trying to avoid scrolling. I could keep the sidebar and breadcrumbs and drop the rest, but then there's the issue of either needing more pages (a bad idea), or needing scrollframes (a bad idea).

It's an area that needs improvement, but I've tried countless solutions and still not come up with something concrete that fixes everything.
I don't think scrolling is the answer, either. If you put everything in a single window thing again, it'll just be too busy again.

I'm thinking possibly something like the Office ribbon. People "hated" it, but mostly because of retraining, not the design itself. But it is designed for large feature sets, and works well when you have a lot of features.

That's just an idea, though. Truth is, I'd have to sit down and take a close look at the new features to try to come up with a decent UI design.