Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
11-10-14, 11:56 AM   #261
brownmit
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite Native maps Conflict

Rythal,

Thanks for all your incredible work on this. I was a software developer in a previous life, and while I was sorely tempted to jump in and learn LUA (i'm still thinking about it) to contribute, I'm afraid my ramp-up time would render my assistance here useless.

That said...I've been watching religiously your status updates on this thread. I took a git clone so i could track progress and updates easily, and with the last update on quests working I updated my setup to check it out. I've run into two issues that I've tried to diagnose.
  1. Whenever carbonite is enabled (I disabled ALL other addons to verify this), regardless of whether or not the quest module is enabled, there's some oddity with respect to the native maps. Specifically, the easy way to see this is to disable the quest module and press L to bring up the native quest/map interface. At this point you can't click the top bar navigation anymore to move around the native maps/quest interface. If carbonite is disabled, everything is fine, but when it is enabled this happens, and it seems like there's something phantom clicking the bar almost constantly.
  1. I have one toon doing questing where I'm testing the carbonite setup; I tend to use the wow-pro addon for leveling, and my toon is in Pawdon village at level 85. When wow-pro sends its tomtom requests through the compatibility mode, the pointers get sent out in the middle of the ocean somewhere useless. If I disable carbonite and activate TomTom they work, so something seems to be getting lost in the translation somewhere. I can't prove it but I suspect its in the tomtom emulation component.
At this point, these aren't a big deal but I figured you'd like to know about them. I particularly suspect that the root cause of the first issue might spill over into some of the other issues you are working.

Now that you have a git setup are you planning on enabling a bug/ticket portal (or does one exist already that I don't know about).

As always, thanks for working so hard to keep the best WOW addon ever alive!