Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
11-10-14, 03:02 PM   #267
[email protected]
A Murloc Raider
Rythal - First off thanks for all your hard work, I like many others here have relied on Carbonite since the beginning - I was once a paid subscriber, thanks for taking up this big project.

Now on to business - I know you plan to make Carbonite modular, I loaded it up today and played around with it while questing on my little newb. With that being said I turned off questing to test it with blizzards built in watch frame - I didn't seem to get any reaction from the carbonite maps with questing turned off, just a map, no tracking at all on the carbonite maps it's as if no quests existed. Is this intended? In order to track quests on the Carbonite map, do I have to have Carbonite quests turned on.

If this is the case can't it be argued that one without the other is rather pointless? Carbonite maps are just a map without being able to use it for questing. yes your maps are second to none, but what makes them great has always been finding things on the maps with them - such as quests, counter point could be that if I want to quest just use carbonite quests, but it seems as if your carbonite quest log is a bit buggy atm which is why I wanted to use blizzards.

Also I do like the appearance of the simplicity of blizzards, any way we can make skins that may mimic the blizzard default look, yet have the built in carbonite functionality?