View Single Post
04-28-10, 06:53 PM   #3
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
edit: had some MPQs already unpacked. the default tooltip border is 128x16 BLP, and the gold and silver dialog borders are 256x32 BLP. i am desperate enough to try converting my TGAs into BLPs, and changing the resolution to 256x32, but i don't have a lot of confidence that any of that will affect this problem .

Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
What are the details of the texture used? I had a crash problem with a 8x8 texture, but with a 64x64 texture it was fixed.
these are "edge files", actually, not strictly "textures" (though that might not matter if they have somehow become "corrupt"). however, i can get these crashes to happen with Blizzard default border artwork as well (i.e. stuff referenced from inside the MPQs).

one of the edge files i use is the SharedMedia "Roth Square" border (a 128x16 TGA; filename "roth.tga"). the other edge file i use is distributed with Skinner (also a 128x16 TGA; filename "krsnik.tga"). i would have to rummage the MPQs for Blizzard artwork (though i expect they are the same: 128x16, either TGA or BLP). (aside: edge files are normal WoW texture files that must be 8x wider than they are high; described here).

these TGA files appear to be perfectly well formed (as "edge files"). and the artwork itself functions properly... right up until WoW crashes. finally, both of these TGA files "worked" perfectly for many months (years?) before WoW 3.3.3 arrived.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 04-28-10 at 07:01 PM.