Thread: WoW UI control
View Single Post
06-26-08, 12:11 PM   #20
dudeinthedark
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
For what it may be worth, my only fear would be someone compiling in a virus/keylogger, naming the program the same and offering it on another MOD site that did not have as robust checking/validation as the fine folks here at Wow Interface.

Myself I know and trust anything that comes from WoWInterface. But people get mods from all sorts of places. Now, that is not WoW Interface's problem per se, it is a problem with ANY .exe program you download off of the net.

It is unfortunate that these are the times we live in. There is NO DOUBT the file Dreadlorde uploaded is safe. There is unfortunately also NO DOUBT that malicious people will attempt to use this sourecode to infiltrate user's. Sad, but true.
I keep an eye out for these things. If I see it (or someone reports it) I'll contact the owner of that site about it and make sure as best I can that no one downloads it. If nessesary I will take legal action. If it's on my website or here it's pretty much garunteed to be safe. I have programs running on my server verifying importent files on an hourly basis. If it finds a problem it kills the server immediatly and notifies any and all of my computers about it.