View Single Post
10-28-10, 08:07 AM   #66
sevti
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Implied? Seriously? Out of that long sentence, tell me the bits that are not detrimental to society.

I did not say "people wonder why there are Pagans". I said "people wonder why I am Pagan". I speak for me, not any other Pagans because their path may not be the same as mine. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee it's not. For me, Paganism is a better alternative than living in fear.
Ok, but you're still picking on Christianity rather than discussing religion as a whole, and society as a whole. Whether it deserves it or not, this conversation wasn't designed to bash Christianity (supposedly). That's all I'm saying.

edit: To be thorough: I said "implied" because you listed examples, and did not directly state that you were relating them to the broader topic of "religion in society." It may be an obvious implication, but it's just semantics, not intended to offend.

I will revise my previous stance that it sounded like "My religion is better." It sounds like "Christianity is terrible." Both statements are pretty full of bias, and unrelated to general religion on society, so I stand by my former analysis as to its contribution to statements regarding objectivity.

Last edited by sevti : 10-28-10 at 08:20 AM.