View Single Post
07-25-12, 04:28 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Folji View Post
Sooo, guess there's no interest right now?
Even if there is interest, it's likely that most addon authors are currently busy updating their existing addons for MoP, and don't have time to start a new project.

There's also the same issue here that exists with all requests to update old addons -- if someone who knew how to update it wanted to update it, they'd probably have already done it. Most authors are very reluctant to write and publish an addon they would never use themselves. It's annoying to try to maintain an addon when you don't use it, and the addon tends to exist in a constant state of half-brokenness because most users will never report anything, so by the time someone does speak up and say "hey, the blah option is broken" it's been broken for 6 months. It's really not fun for anyone on either end of the deal.

You could always try to update the addon yourself. Lua is a very easy language to learn, and there are many people on these forums who are happy to answer specific questions and help you find solutions to specific problems.

If you're not sure how to get started, a good starting point is usually to post the first error message the addon is giving you, and try to fix that.