View Single Post
11-26-11, 10:32 AM   #8
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@SDPhantom: I know, but I don't mind anyone accessing the cache file itself, it just keeps and up to date version number and I'd even like to perhaps use it myself for some other projects, hehe. Only a couple of bytes of bandwidth. The other files are only what is essential to the site so not much to hide. No ZIP is stored either so the only way one could download someone elses ZIP is to know their IP and at the exact time of the submit request also start their own request to simultaneously download the file before the original user finishes the stream and the file is removed.

@Rilgamon: But isn't that like saying "if the site is hacked they can put trojans in the script so every user gets infected by it" -isn't that a flaw that any download system shares, heck even every website? :P
I think we can't all live in fear all the time, you might as well just not use the internet if you are afraid. Every popular site is a target really, not sure how you can defend yourself as a customer... I kind of have to rely on my deliverer to set up the security for me.

Last edited by Vlad : 11-26-11 at 10:38 AM.