View Single Post
07-06-05, 09:46 AM   #5
Littlejohn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just uploaded v1.3 that can trace OO code.

Kaelten: That may have been the most polite feature request in history... I used your KC_EnhancedTrades to test. (That's a cool mod by the way. I'll have to study how you hook into the existing frames.) Do you know that TSF_Update uses 150-200 KB of memory each call? I don't think I've got a bug, but I've never seen a function use that much memory before. (_getShowState or _getCreationData might be the real culprits though -- they weigh in at 16 KB and 13 KB respectively.)

One thing that's a bit nasty with my code is how OO method names are displayed -- there's a good chance the name will be truncated. Give it a try and let me know if you have any ideas. The pattern I used to trace your code was "KC_EnhancedTradesClass:".

Gello: My code reports memory usage per function call so you can trace memory usage on a mod and then sort the display to see any hot spots. (Hold shift when pressing Sort to sort by memory usage.)

Would it be useful to assume that all functions with a common prefix are part of the same mod and then total up memory usage for all those functions?

I'm not sure how to figure global variable usage though. I'm only catching increases in memory usage, not the total level. If a mod sucks up 10 MB at startup, my code completely misses that.