View Single Post
07-12-05, 03:30 PM   #9
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
it is just a different approach. As someone mentioned on the official forums, in the absence of Blizzard actually giving us definitive documentation like we should have, this is the next best thing. You have wowwiki which is used, updated, and maintained by the community, and you have my site that is compiled by a single person or group of people.

Neither site detracts or takes away from the other, they are merely different paths to the same end. I am sorry if this seems like a controversial move, as that wasn't my intention. It is just a personal preference of mine to have reference material that is all-encompasing and updated quickly. While I do use wowwiki, I find it terribly lacking in information, and I tend to end up finding the info on my own by looking at default UI code.

I have a feeling other people are the same way, and will never bother to post their findings on wowwiki. They either find what they need there, or they don't, and you never know otherwise. This is why an open system like that is both a blessing and a curse...