View Single Post
08-29-12, 12:34 AM   #14
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I admit it aswell... 99% is the map for me, 1% is the quest tracker, I love how it looks and shudder when carbonite's not loaded and I see the default one.
You made me laugh out-loud to myself!

When you said you "shudder" when carbonite's not loaded, it reminded me that I go into an absolute coma! I can't figure out where to start playing the game without workable maps! ha ha.

I don't need the quest-tracking tool. I never use it, since the Zygor Leveling Guide is far superior.

The important features of the Carbonite addon to me (beyond the required zoomable, detailed maps) are:

* Warehouse

* The red "?" guide (which has been broken for several years!) to help me locate various things.

* Right-clicking on the map(s) to set my own direction to specific locations like the entrance to a cave or a "break" in the mountains that I can transverse, etc.

* The ability to add Notes to the maps with details. Actually, the Notes system could be improved greatly.

At my age (67) sometimes it's hard to remember where certain things are. And, it's especially difficult because Blizzard failed to help users by providing NECESSARY information. For instance, if you're a Horde char around lvl 11 in Fairbreeze Village (Eversong Woods area) and you need to find the "Orb of Translocation," to get to Silverpine Forest, how in the hell can you find it, since it's not on any map nor in any textual directions in the game? A "Note" makes it easy to find the next time you need to get there, assuming you can find the damned thing in the first place! You need it in order to go to Silverpine Forest easily without running 5,000 miles on foot!

That holds true also for finding the CLOSEST Trainer or Vendor of any kind. Carbonite no longer supplies that info correctly. When you ask Carbonite's Guide (the red "?") where the closest Fishing Trainer is while you are in Booty Bay (Stranglethorn Vale)... and you are standing on the toes of a Fishing Trainer --- Carbonite will tell you that you need to go to Kalimdor or Northrend to find the "closest" one! Absurdity.

I'm mentioning these pet peeves because they are time consuming, unless you have a photographic memory and instant recall ability. The "Guide" used to be workable years ago. I wish it was again, especially since Blizzard moves doo-doo around just for the fun of it.

I forgot a major pet peeve of mine; Why are there no icons on any map nor any instructions (a list) of PORTALS in the game itself to travel to far-away locations from where you are currently? Blizzard forces users to leave the game and go to a 3rd-party website just to find out how to play the game which they got paid to produce!!!

I pray that you keep some of these issues in mind as well, as long as you're doing such a great job of helping thousands of us.

Last edited by Kreelor : 08-29-12 at 12:37 AM.