View Single Post
08-24-11, 10:47 AM   #1269
Lordyfrb
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Sorry if this may seem a little rude, I'm a bit OCD with this stuff so don't take offense, this is constructive (I hope!)
I dont think you were rude or anything like that, you post is very constructive, exactly the sort of feed back I was looking for, thankyou.
  • Think it would look better if the Aggro color would be /between/ the two black borders if possible. (if you're using KG or LitePanels for your borders, make the middle of the two the aggro color and make the alpha 0 when threat is less then 100% or so. A nice little tutorial aid is in my sig)
This is a good idea, I'm using Stuf for my UFs, and have edited it to add the borders from within it. I will have a play and see if I can get it to look like you suggested.
  • The text for your player/target needs to be moved one pixel down the Y axis.
I will fix this.
  • When I play my shaman, I don't believe I need to see my totem buffs on my party at all (saves room for more buffs)
I will see if i can hide them through Stuf's options, if not looks like I'll be sticking with them.
  • For your totem bar, if you want it to be skinned with your BF skin, you might want to try using Yata instead of the default one. Looks nice
This will be moved and shown on mouse over soon. I'm not using ButtonFacade I'm using rButtonStyler(or a modified version ripped from Haleth's FreeUI), so I'm gonna see if theres a way to skin them thru that, if not it wont make much of a difference as they'll be hidden normally.
  • You might want to space the buff bars on your target 1 or 2 more, and raise it on the Y 1 or 2 pixels (that shadow is a little dark around the buff frames a lil spacing might make it have a better feel to it).
This will fixed, also noticed I've left the threat bar from stuf switched on, so will trun that off.

• Your buffs in the top right and buffs/borders on everything else don't match.
Originally Posted by sakurakira View Post
Actually, I think it might be, but that whole region of the room is all shadowy so you can't see the clear border space, as it also appears black. I think those borders are like those on Aurora, with the brown actually being a 1px transparent area where we are seeing the brown of the cave.
Sakurakira is correct in both parts, they are the same, and they are designed to look like Aurora

• Your threat meter (I beleve) needs to have somewhat the same skin as the rest of the UI.
The only thing I find off about that UI is the placement of the threat meter. It seems misaligned vertically and I find it odd that it is right smack next to the action bars.
As stated in my original post, Skada is one of the things to be sorted.
  • And last but not least I think the bar that holds all your Data Text (under your bars) needs to have the height downed a little.
Something to think about, I'll see how it looks after I've fixed everything else.
Please do not take this as offensively and try to remember this is what I would do if I was creating this UI and from my perspective <3 I actually like the look of this UI, just a few things I would personally tweak.
No offense taken, as i said this is the kind of thing i was looking for
I also dislike the font, but there have been entire threads on font on these forums. It all boils down to personal preference and whether you can read the information.
As you said all personal preference, I kinda like the font.