View Single Post
11-25-20, 02:56 AM   #4
Kaelath
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Install Masque and either use a premade circular skin or create your own using your custom textures.
I have already tried this addon several times, but it doesn't seem to work for me, by not activating any addon except Mask.

I also preferred a lua code to introduce in my addon, which is certainly, very rudimentary.

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
You would use two texture objects. For the ability icon, use SetPortraitToTexture() to convert it to a circular image. Then you put the artifact border in a separate texture over the ability image.
I'm not a lua developer
So I don't know how to correctly use the command to carry out the manipulation to realize my request

I just did a test just now but it made me a mistake lua in play, I guess
Code:
SetPortraitToTexture("ActionButton1", "Interface\Artifacts\Artifacts-PerkRing-Final-Mask");
is not a valid entry.

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\AddOns\Actionbar.lua:3: SetPortraitToTexture(): Couldn't find texture named 'ActionButton1'
Time: Wed Nov 25 09:47:16 2020
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\AddOns\Actionbar.lua:3: SetPortraitToTexture(): Couldn't find texture named 'ActionButton1'
[string "=[C]"]: in function `SetPortraitToTexture'
[string "@Interface\AddOns\AddOns\Actionbar.lua"]:3: in main chunk

Locals: (*temporary) = "ActionButton1"
(*temporary) = "InterfaceArtifactsArtifacts-PerkRing-Final-Mask"

And this entry on the other hand does not cause any result in the game, the button remained square.

Code:
SetPortraitToTexture("ActionButton1NormalTexture", "Interface\Artifacts\Artifacts-PerkRing-Final-Mask");
SetPortraitToTexture("ActionButton1", "Interface\Artifacts\Artifacts-PerkRing-Final-Mask");