View Single Post
08-24-09, 11:23 PM   #65
Verissi
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I agree with Cralor on this one as well. As gearing progresses or for respecs, stat "weights" can change radically for many classes, and they often change after patches as well. Frankly, it gets confusing (or just a big pain in the rump to deal with) at times, even for someone like me who enjoys theorycrafting. What's worse, it often renders current gearing significantly less desirable when changes like that happen. As an example, look at what happened to the BiS list for raiding mages when Molten Armor was changed to improve with spirit.

While I know those types of changes won't ever really stop, reducing how often that could happen should be possible by implementing a more-straightforward stat "value" system. It also simplifies a multitude of itemisation complexities that we see in the current world of "stat bloat" with regards to item budgets and determining loot tables that can support all classes/specs.