View Single Post
08-25-09, 06:40 PM   #70
Republic
Paladin

Tanks will still tank. Healers will still heal. Dps will still dps. The classes will maintain their same overall basic feel (you know, like, since the beginning of the game). None of this theorycrafting gets anyone anywhere except it does give nerds a platform for their voice (not talking about anyone here, but the actual theorycrafting sites).

Blizzard is micromanaging crap that doesn't need to be changed. I've always played several different characters (paladin, warrior, dk, shaman, druid, hunter mostly), and to be honest, they all still feel "basically the same" as they did when I first installed the game about 4 months (roughly) after its release. The only "significant" change I can think of from where I come from is that paladins now have more viability as raid choices. While we were once only healers, we can tank and dps now. There may be some other changes I've liked, but nothing major. Still, Blizzard constantly micromanages and refunds talent points. Why do they do it? Are they trying to distract us from lack of real development and bug fixes? (go make a hunter and you'll see some glitches that have existed since the beginning)

I'm tired of class mechanics and focus on miniscule changes being substituted for real development and progress. Nothing needs to be changed. Even if these things are changed, the same basic roles will be performed in the same basic methods. Who cares if someone's heals give me 10% or 8% mana regen? I still have the same role to perform.

Does anyone else agree with me that there's an enormous amount of distraction from real problems/issues/bugs? Why don't we put the OCD player talent developers onto something like fixing hunter glitches? realm stability? login queues? instance launch problems? Or better yet, get the kid that thinks 24 new vanity pets per patch increases his job security and assign him to solving the gold spam problem or something useful.

/still tired of the direction things are going

I'd trade all the development planned for someone to fix the fact my pet has a random amount of health every time he is summoned (yes, the health bonus is very moody and only likes to be applied "some of the time"). I'd also like an explanation about why he takes such a huge health hit during the summoning/desummoning process.