View Single Post
04-05-12, 05:20 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In no particular order:
  • Everything is gray. This, combined with the very square corners of your border, makes the whole UI look dull and heavy.
  • The player frame is in a weird place. I feel like I'd lose track of my own health if my player frame were so far away from the action. Also, unless some other frame appears on the opposite end of the action bar, it's lopsided.
  • What is the extra player health bar under the minimap?
  • The bars along the top and bottom edges of the screen don't appear to have any function, and make the UI look more crowded, so I'd get rid of them.
  • I feel like the Expressway font is incredibly overdone. There are tons of fonts that are very readable in-game and would give your UI a bit more of its own flavor.
  • Sort your player buff display by some sensible critera, or add some kind of filtered display of important buffs (like procs) near the player frame. The default buff display's "show buffs in the order they were applied" sorting is pretty much useless.
Other than those things, it's one of the better UIs I've seen posted recently. Clean and to-the-point, without a bunch of extra stuff all over the place. Of course, if I saw a raid screenshot, I might have to reconsider.