View Single Post
04-07-11, 09:23 AM   #12
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If I understand how WoW works correctly (I probably don't, but I figure this is worth a shot), once you input your information on the sign-in screen to log into your WoW account, and hit the button (or the "enter" key) and log onto the WoW game servers, that's it. That's the end of any communication with anything except Blizzard servers, for the game, from that point on until you log off of the Blizzard servers and quit the game. The entire game goes into a "sandbox" environment and communicates solely with the Blizzard servers. Apparently nothing, and I do mean nothing, gets into or out of that game environment unless it is going to or from Blizzard's World of Warcraft servers.

Now, what you could do if you really want to keep up-to-the-minute on your RSS feeds, is run the game in "Windowed (Fullscreen)" mode which looks the same as "Fullscreen" mode, but is windowed just without a ...... ummmmm ...... window, or visible frame. That way you can keep your favorite reader open in the background and "alt + tab" to it whenever there is time.