View Single Post
06-03-09, 12:35 PM   #3
vectoron
A Defias Bandit
lol, I can tell you're responding at 5am because you said both fast and quick in the same line ;p

Ya, I assumed that might be the case (sand boxing). The token would be very long, from 256kb-1mb+ However using flash I could copy it to the clipboard automatically. Everything is stored as KML, well that is partially true, on the server it is an encoded binary file, but it is still KML.

I suppose the other possibility would be to create another different application which could automatically take an ID and then create a file in the saved variables folder. Though I imagine people would rather just alt-tab and copy/paste then run a secondary app. I imagine that using a secondary application you could use it as a proxy to give an add-on quasi real-time communication. Though I have no idea if blizzard would like this, I doubt it. I am also getting off topic.

I guess my next question would be is if there would be a demand for it, WOW:SM was mostly created as a quick way to send locations etc.. to friends, although I am confident some more crafty people could figure out other ways to use it. I imagine if I also included instances/raids (which I am planning on) it might be a good tool for party planning.